Monday, February 4, 2013

A family affair.









I'm quite encouraged by some really nice feedback I've received about the blog, which has given me the energy to do another post.

Last week the whole family (including our two dogs) took a leisurely stroll up Mt Wellington. I know, I know, you're wondering why would we choose Mt Wellington over Mt Eden or Remuera's Mt Hobson? Until you've walked these hills extensively, you're likely to ask this question time and time again. The truth is, there is an apocalyptic feel to Mt Wellington which is breathtaking. The grass is burnt yellow, it's devoid of people (perhaps because people do think of it as an undesirable location) and you can literally drive up into the heart of the crater. The surrounding hills are steep and rugged, and it is the perfect vantage point for an industrial view of the city. The dogs love it there, and I love the fact you scarcely come across anybody on a full walk of the volcano. I hope it remains undesirable for a long time so that I can take Maxime for solo adventures here for years to come.

PS. Before you ask, yes, that is my Shih Tzu keeping up with the big boy (our blue heeler) giving hell to the tennis ball. She's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment