Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Day.







I know lots of people that object to the notion of Valentines Day, however, I quite like it. I really don't need an excuse to be romantic, because I'm secretly quite a romantic at heart (I don't like gushing, but the casual 'you're awesome' is pretty nice). While I no longer have any desire to sit side by side, two on two, in a restaurant with fledgling relationships, it is a good excuse to cook something different from one's usual repertoire. I even made the big call this year and said, don't worry about buying me flowers. We have a perfectly nice hydrangea bush at our house, and I'd rather just pick from that and put the money towards wine. I'm a pretty good wife - even if I do say so myself. Zach's coming home to an Israeli couscous salad with cherry tomatoes, olives, red onions and goat's feta, with a balsamic lemon dressing; a roasted lemon chicken; and a deliciously wicked homemade chocolate mousse. Because I won't have time between bathing Maxime, serving food, and pouring the gin and tonics - you'll have to make do with the 'in progress' photos, rather than the finished result. Happy Valentines!

No comments:

Post a Comment